Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ER

I'm sitting in the ER right now with my baby Ethan. This poor little guy has a 101 fever. And since he just under 3 months I was told by the on call pedi to bring him in.

So far he was weighed at 14 pounds and 14 ounces! So he is well fed.
There is no AC due to construction and feels like a damn sauna.
Took four nurses and three attempts to get an IV and enough blood.
They did a catheter and he can store a lot of urine in his bladder.
He LOVES medicine. Sugary flavored goodness.
Excellent oxygen levels.
Going to be a thumb sucker even though I am pushing the paci.
Still has a fever. :-(. Makes me sad. Trying not to shed any tears and to be strong for my brave little boy.

I cannot count the ER trips I have made in the last two years. I have simply lost count. And not just for the boys. It seems that having kids makes all Emergency related things happen on holidays or after hours.



I find out lab results in an hour.

1 comment:

Allena said...

Prayers for good results and a quick recovery!