Monday, April 26, 2010

Got God on the Brain Tonight

"If you never encounter the devil on your daily walk it may be that you are walking in the same direction."
My mom, yes my mom, had this quote on her Facebook status. It meant a lot to me today, opened my eyes a little wider. I have not been a faithful church goer, but I have not relied on going to church "religiously" for spiritual growth, for he is in your heart and not a building, however, recently I have felt a calling to find a home church and small group, which I am on that quest.

Acts 17:24 24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

I have been a christian since the seventh grade. Ever since then He has always been in my heart, I may of strayed here or there but always find my way back and strive to be a better sheppard. At one point in my life I was hurt by many Christians who I would of considered mentors. This has put an anger in me that I am working on. With this event I have been cautious of many different churches noticing first judgment and hypocrisy. Which is interesting because in this I am being judgmental and a hypocrite. Christians who acted righteous ran me away.

Anyways, I know I am sinful, we are all sinful. But today I opened my eyes in what ways I am sinning. Some of us think we didn't sin at all today, there is nothing to repent in our evening prayers. When in fact, we gossiped, failed to take an opportunity to witness, didn't help some one in need, etc.

“Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.” (1 Corinthians 3:16,17) And “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” ( 1 Corinthians 6:19,20)

My sins today and many other days is not treating my body like God's temple. I have not been taking care of my body. Eating poorly and not exercising. Today I ate a donut, Venti Vanilla Latte, a mini cup cake, and I am sure there were some other things in there that weren't good. My quest right now is to take care of God's temple. I don't want to set my mind on loosing weight, because I usually fail miserably, so I am just going to concentrate on taking care of myself.

This past Friday I bought myself a new-to-me Treadmill from a co-worker. I have been walking on it. I tried running, which proved to me I have put this off way to long. I don't like feeling my butt and kangaroo pouch bouncing. Sorry if I gave you a horrible visual. For some reason while I was pregnant I thought it would all bounce back into place with out any work...... sigh.





ALSO,

Drew is 8 months old today! I cannot believe it. This boy is amazing in everything he does! Haha, but I am sure most mothers would say that about their adorable sons or daughters.

He seemed to take a little longer to sit up, but he is doing much better now, not flinging himself backwards as much. I would want to yell "timber" whenever he was going down!

Still no teeth, but I think those two bottom ones could break through any day. Drew does not want me anywhere near his bottom gums. The boy can scream pretty loudly and is really good at crocodile tears. As soon as I stand him up he starts laughing.

The past month he has really started to sleep through the night. It was so strange, at his 6 month well baby check, we asked about him not sleeping through the night, at this point he may of only 15-20 times. She gave us a packet about it, read it, researched some more. Was doing all the stuff they tell you too, didn't really work. Went back to our old ways and is now sleeping through the night most nights. There may be one night out of the week he wakes up.

He loves balls, puppies, and bath toys!


Here are some of our Easter pics my Dad took for us. I am blessed with such an amazing and beautiful family. No matter how many times I tried to ruin my life with bad choices God had something special in mind. I think these pictures really show what his plan was. So far........












4 comments:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

So cute!!! You guys look great in the bluebonnets. Might I see you more once summer rolls around?

John H said...

Sarah, Good luck with your walk (double meaning). It sounds like your mind is in the right place. I Love You, Dad.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts. They gave me warm feeling, good luck in the walk of life.

The Ledyards said...

If you're searching for a "real" feeling church, we love Austin Christian Fellowship...it may be a little bit of a drive from Georgetown (620 and 2222), but we love it. Our small group is awesome and everyone is so authentic! That being said...I'd also LOVE to introduce Andrew to Claire at some point this summer!