Friday, April 2, 2010

Updates





So my good friend Jamie has informed me that I need to post. I guess it has been awhile. For some reason I always think of a great post while driving. I get home and see a smiling roly poly and completely forget about it.

Updates:

SCHOOL
2 Months till summer. I cannot wait. This point in the school year is the MOST stressful part of the job. So much pressure with TAKS tests. I have been thinking about applying for a transfer to teach middle school but I am unsure. I participated in my districts LA textbook selection for next years adoption and would like to use it. I also love my school but a little ready for something different. I have done the same thing for four years now and would like to gain experiences with other age groups. I am still contemplating. I would also like to begin my masters eventually. I would like to be a school librarian when I grow up.


DREW
Andrew is now 7 months old. I can't believe how fast he is growing up.
6 Month Well Baby Check
Weight- 20 lbs 12 oz (75-90th percentile)
Height- 27.5 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference- 17.5 inches (50-75th percentile)

Milestones:

He is running, reading novels, and playing the piano. Just kidding. Milestones kind of stress me out. I was reading this website, Baby Center, about how a 7 month old should start sorting out their toys. Needless to say, but we aren't quite there yet.

He is Rolling is all sorts of directions, back to tummy and tummy to back. I think crawling will be delayed because rolling is working quite well for him. The cable box is usually his first destination. Pretty little lights on the face of it.

He is sitting. Though he does not see much need for it. He get bored after a few minutes and FLINGS himself to the ground. One day Mama will not be behind him and he will bump his little head.

Loves to babble when we are at home. He says dadadadadada and lots of other incoherent things.

Loves loves loves a certain few toys. Leo the Lion and a couple of noisy toys. He enjoys sitting in his swing and relaxing. Jumping in the bouncy and screaming. Sitting on the back porch with Daddy enjoying the pleasant afternoons.

We went and took some blue bonnet pictures today and can't wait to see them.

Books I have recently read and not in any particular order.




The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel


How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon Series #1) by Cressida Cowell: Book Cover

Sarah's Key [Book]


Currently Reading:


'People of the Book' by Geraldine Brooks

Next on my nightstand:
House Rules

On my wish list:
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory: Download Cover

Cleopatra's Daughter cover Or any other of the books by Michelle Moran

2 comments:

JamieZee said...

THANK YOU LORD, SHE FINALLY POSTED! I want to borrow a few of those books.

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

How did you like Still Alice? I LOVED it!