Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I wrote this three days ago and forgot to post it!

I am not an original person so I am copying a fellow blogger, who I believe got the idea from another blogger. Stream of Conscience.
When all else fails and you have writer's block, just type. I am actually at school right now, we are having DEAR time. Drop Everything And Read. I am pretty sure there are about five out of the 25 in this room who are fake reading. Though the other twenty are enjoying their books. I can understand, I hated reading until 6th grade, I think. It can be hard overcoming concentrations issues and the shortcomings in their reading skills. By this time I think the struggles in skills have so much to do with interest in materials. One day I hope they enjoying reading as much as I do.
I am still reading Book of the People. It is an excellent book but I am reading it at a bad time. Now is the most stressful time to be a teacher. 1 month and 2 weeks. I will get to play stay at home mom. Andrew is doing so many new things, I can't wait to get to play with him all day! Though, he will still be going to daycare at least 2 times a week. You still pay for it.
I am sure I have more that I can write about, I think of stuff all the time, but it escapes me. I need to keep a note pad.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I also hated reading until sometime in middle school. No, probably high school now that I think about it. With all of the books that I was required to read, there was no time left for pleasure reading. ALL of the reading I was doing was assigned, so there beccame a stigma attached to reading. A very unattractive one. Luckily, that has passed and now I love to read!